Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New life new place

So here we are living in St Pete. Florida,
The sunshine state. Which is like to say since we have lived here it hasn't been much sunshine. More like cold and rainy. We have had a few nice days.

But we are currently living in an apartment. Which is new for the both of us.
We both agree when we say that we hate it!
Our apartment was site unseen. Channon was deployed when I had to find us a place. So one of the most popular places was Camden Lakes. So we picked that. Let's just say that we were (are) young and dumb. Always read the reviews. Always try to call around. Ask questions; 
1. Does it have lights? 
2. How old are the apartments?
3. When were the last time they were updated?
Let's just say, Channon was gone, my mom and dad helped move me down here. They did not show me the apartment. Which I should have asked. 
My fault. We walk into the apartment, it's tiny tiny. Looks like shit. The carpet is still wet. I just cried because I had already signed the lease. Which by the way I signed a 15 month lease when they told me it was 12. Again my fault for not paying attention.
My parents of course talked me into staying. The scenery around the apartment is beautiful. I think that's the only reason we stayed.
We'll a month passes, Channon has come home. The apartment maintenance people have come almost every week to replace whatever broke of repair what he could. Neighbors smoking weed everyday. It comes into the apartment all day long.
Nothing nothing nothing that we have complained about will allow us to break our lease. 
We tried getting a lawyer on base to help us. But nothing ever happened. 
Finally we noticed another unit coming available just last week and it's all by itself ,like a townhouse. Of course there is someone next to it but no one above. 
So we were able to transfer units and shorten our lease. So we move beginning of February. 
I hope that it's a little nicer.
Until we can find our own place.
Money has been tight but now that I have a job things are starting to look up!
So that brings me to my next blog.
My Job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment