Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Job

Nothing to be excited about in my book.
Florida is different. 
My heart has been hurt by all the change in lifestyle around here. Now I know a job is a job and we can't be picky but... 
When you grown up around and in church your whole life. It's a part of you. In the town we are from (Ozark, Dothan, enterprise) you know lower Alabama ( the Bible Belt) you work with church folks! Not uncommon at all.
We here, you don't talk about church or God!
No kidding! My first day I was exposed to so much stuff I thought I was working at mcdonalds with a bunch of junkies (no offense to anyone who works their).
But it's the only place that would hire me with out my certification.
Yes Florida requires you to have your EFDA. Which is a totally crop of poop!
I have to pay $500 for a piece of paper that says I can do what I have been doing for 10 years. 
Some of the girls are nice but everyone and I mean everyone is crazy! 
The office is so dirty. I mean it's sterile but it's dirty. Dust everywhere. Anyways the office is about 10 times the size of any office I have ever worked at. 
There are two shifts! 645-115 then. 12:45 to 715.
And yes two days a week you work 12 plus hours. Rest of the days are half. But they are still 6 1/2 hour days. So really not half days. Oh and you work Saturdays. Every other week! 
Which blows! 
There are 4 doctors right now. They are hiring 6 more. And 6 more assistants which they have already hired 6 in the past 2 months and yes that includes me. 
There are currently around 35 employees! That's a lot of people. There is one guy! I guess you can discriminate! Lol
They are getting ready to open a new office, which is great! Maybe I will get moved there!
So far at the job I have been baby sat and trained by girls who have only been an assistant for maybe a year. Which pisses me off! 
I know so much more! But these girls only have worked at this office. No other office so they know all! (Nope) 
I have found out so much in the past 3 weeks that I have been working there. I found out the pay, and I got jiped on that! 
But all I can do is keep looking for another place.
And keep writing about the stories. 
The girls cuss and party and a down right freaks! I have never heard the F word so much in one day in my life! Grown women same age as my mom cussing and f this and f that and my pussy this! I mean what!? I wanted to slap the mess out of them! Finally a girl walked in that started working and she is a church going girl! She feels my pain about the office and she isn't staying. So that sucks. But for right now, I show up for the money. Which is hard but until I get my papers I can't do anything.
So until the next post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment